Saturday, May 29, 2010

Amazing Alfredo and Banana Bread

ALFREDO SAUCE


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Alfredo-Sauce-2/Detail.aspx

Here's the recipe for the alfredo sauce... this was the closest thing to Olive Garden alfredo I have EVER tasted. So much better than the canned sauce. A little rich, I will probably substitute lower fat milk for the heavy cream and low fat butter for the sweet butter next time. Usually parmesan cheese is hard to melt to be creamy, I thought it melted fine but I might use gruyere or asiago next time for a special treat? I am also learning to perfect my cooking of seafoodÜ The shrimp were coated with garlic butter and grilled with the salmon.

BANANA BREAD
I also had 6 bananas that had overripened and I didn't want to through them away so I tried a banana bread recipe from the same site: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Banana-Bread/Detail.aspx
The bread tastes really yummy but I would put less banana in it less time (maybe 1 3/4 cup instead of 2 1/3). It's pretty mushy in the center but the outsides are YUMMY!



1 comments:

Kristina said...

I think I will try the Alfredo...but not the banana bread--ewwww